What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Dec 8: Jesus Prayed for Others and So Can You



We can learn much from the Lord's prayer, as taught by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount:
 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
 11 Give us this day our daily bread.
 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
This example of prayer, given at the Sermon on the Mount, is part of the basics of the gospel.  This prayer teaches us to address Heavenly father, and to recognize he is hallowed.  We should pray for the coming of His Kingdom.  We should pray over our efforts to earn daily bread.  He gives the increase.  Also we should use prayer as a step in seeking forgiveness, and we ourselves should be forgiving.  And we should pray not to be lead into temptation.  Finally this prayer concludes with another recognition of the omnipotent nature of God.  His is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever,  He end this prayer with amen.  today we end with "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  Christ is no longer with us, but we pray for His second kingdom.  I think that is part of praying for God's kingdom to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment