What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Light the World: Be a Peacemaker

The exit card from the Palo Alto Creche exhibit has ideas for being a peacemaker this Christmas season.  This includes a list of ideas for things to do.  I mention a few:  Listen to someone with a different point of view; Go caroling to people who may be alone this Christmas; Forgive one person in your life; Listen to calming music; Apologize for something you shouldn't have done; Read John 14:27, 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid; Give a smile.
These are all good ideas, and there are more.  The quote included by Howard W. Hunter gives more ideas:
“This Christmas, ‘Mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.’ (Adapted from an unknown author.)” (The Teachings of Howard W. Hunter, ed. Clyde J. Williams [1997], 270–71).

You may share the things you choose to do, #paloaltocreche or #lighttheworld.  Check at these websites for more ideas, Mormon.org/Christmas  christmascreche.org

No comments:

Post a Comment