What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Ensign Article Review: Preparing a Place for the Lord

This article, Preparing a Place for the Lord,  by Bishop Gerald Causse, the Presiding Bishop, appears in this month's Ensign.  In it he mentions four keys to preparing to receive the Lord upon his Second Coming.  In this case, I use his four points as a way to review my own life and how I am doing.
1. Go to the Temple.  I have been lamenting that i am not getting to the temple as much as I would like.  I also am not getting done the work I have reserved, so I am sharing it with the Temple, which means it will get done on their schedule rather than mine.  However it will get done.  The temple is always very good at that.  I think a minimal goal for me would be to be at the temple at least monthly, and at least quarterly doing sealings.
2. Prepare Your Home.  Here he suggests asking ourselves if our homes are a place where the Savior would feel comfortable in visiting.  here the key is not that the home be large or spacious, but that it safe, peaceful and filled with the Spirit; a place of faith.
3. Gather the Elect.  Sometimes we must leave the comfort of our homes to gather those seeking the gospel.  Missionaries have always been willing to do this.
4. Help those in need.  Members of the church have at times been refugees.  This includes when they were escaping the extermination order of Missouri, and were taken in my residents of Quincy, Ill.  Likewise today there are opportunities to reach out to people in similar circumstances.  This can be done through donations to the Church Humanitarian Aid programs.  We can welcome the stranger and destitute and those in need.
In these four tasks, we can become closer to the Lord, and prepare a place for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment