What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Mormon Video: The Good Samaritan

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/1998-05-01-the-good-samaritan?category=feature-films
This depiction of the Good Samaritan really adds depth to the story.  The actor of the Good Samaritan also portrays Jesus, and the actor of the victim also plays the lawyer who questions Jesus.  This story starts by providing insight as to why Jesus taught in parables.  The robbery scene is very brutal.  However, there is one who shows compassion.  I have been thinking about why the actor who portrayed Jesus also portrayed the Good Samaritan.  Could it be pointing to Jesus, who heals our wounds and makes us whole again when we fall among spiritual thieves such as sin, or unkind words or deeds.  I would strongly encourage you to give this movie a view.  It is very well done.  The concluding line, go and do likewise is very well put.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH Brother Billy! I should be in bed, but felt to review your post in Zion Quest...and I am in TEARS NOW, at this wonderfully made film and amazed at how HEART-TOUCHING THE MESSAGE IS! Thank you so very much for sharing it. I have NEVER seen it before. :-) Heaven's blessings, Sister Cher

    ReplyDelete