What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Chinese Christmas Carol Weekend

This is my annual Christmas Carol weekend.  (Tradition this year and last.)  There are over forty versions of "A Christmas Carol" and so I am doing my best to watch a lot of them, and then offer my critique in my Movies, Music and Books blog.  http://mmboebillywardle.blogspot.com/
I have been watching many different versions of "A Christmas Carol" on Netflix, YouTube etc.  I have seen a play and a musical.  I have watched several different short animated cartoons, some better than others.  My most pleasant surprise was "A Christmas Carol: A New Musical, which is available on You Tube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHi7k_lba-w&list=HL1384670239

The other thing about this weekend was I ate out at two different Chinese restaurants.  After previously having sworn off Panda Express,  Miranda and I went there, and I enjoyed it.  They still don't have sweet and sour, but what they have is good.  I had a chicken and a shrimp dish with fried rice.  The rice was rather bland and starchy, but the main courses were very good.  They charged an extra dollar for shrimp for some reason.
We went to New China restaurant last night for take out.  This time we got sweet and sour pork and almond chicken.  Both dishes were very good.  Part of the reason for going there was to get fortune cookies for a Tony.   He didn't go with us Friday as he was at school for movie night, Monsters U.  Sheri who went with Tony was also feeling left out.  Back to New China, it was very good. We had to wait a bit, but we pigged out on Chinese both Saturday, and left overs Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment