What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Member Missionary 7: Motivational Video

http://bwardlehistory.blogspot.com/2013/11/church-history-video-ensign-to-nations.html
There is nothing like seeing the growth of the Church to get you excited about missionary work.  The film "An Ensign to the Nations" does just this.  It shares several different examples of missionary success stories, and the Lord preparing people and nations to receive the gospel.  It shows the gospel being preached by missionaries, by members, and by those not yet members.  She shows the growth of the church in every continent.
The movie concludes with a stirring rendition of "A Marvelous Work is about to Begin."  This includes showing many different temples, and also different groups singing the song including missionaries, young people, at the Hawaii Temple and at the Argentine Temple.  The movie is very effective and sets the tone for wanting to do more.  It was produced in 1997, and since this time the church has seen considerable growth. 
It was made for TV by the church in 1997, and is very inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment