What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Life in Manteca 82: 120 Bypass Death Trap

The bypass works if everyone would drive safely.  At the end of the bypass, the right lane goes South, the left lane goes North.  We usually get on at Main, and then have to change lanes to go North on 99 to church where we usually go.  The problem is the South going lane, to Modesto, is more used than the other, and consequently slower.  Too many people stay in the left lane, and then cut at the last second.  This does two things, it slows down the left lane, and when they cut into the other, they often cut people off, causing breaks and collisions and accidents.  The article enclosed says seven deaths in the past five years, and hundreds of injuries.  Where I live, if I go to Modesto I usually avoid the 120, and take Woodward to the 99 instead.  It is just to scary and too risky; and there are too many people who want to get there a couple seconds faster.  Of course there are those who don't know how it works, and who aren't prepared.  When you add those to the mix, this is an accident that has happened over and over again.
http://www.mantecabulletin.com/section/1/article/91468/
Miranda brought this to my attention.  If she takes the freeway to work in Ripon, she goes this way.  I encourage her to go the other way, but there is a train track to cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment