What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Member Missionary 8: Abish, Ammon, the Queen and King Lamoni

Abish, the queen and King Lamoni
Our Sister Missionaries visited this week, and expanded on the step of praying for missionary experiences.  They made it more specific:
Pray to hasten they work:
1. Pray for us as missionaries and our investigators.
2. Pray for your own missionary experiences.
3. Pray for courage to open your mouth.
4. Pray for the people you talk to to have have soft hearts.
5. Pray for the spirit to be there.

The sister presented their theme by telling the story of Abish, who when she saw Ammon, King Lamoni, his wife and many of his servants overcome by the spirit, she ran door to door telling everyone to come and see.  When they came there was much murmuring, but when the queen and Lamoni were restored, the heard the cause of their having collapsed, and some were converted to the gospel, and others were not.  But Abish ran telling everyone, because she didn't know whose heart would be touched.  Therefore we see the need to invite all to come and see, and some will accept and others will not be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment