What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Life in Manteca 81: Sister Thomas' Husband Passes Away and Criminal Behavior

Sister Thomas' husband is younger than I, yet he passed away suddenly from a heart attack.  Sister Thomas often substitutes as chorister and is in the ward choir where she sings tenor.
Bishop asked me to sing "Amazing Grace."  I always like to sing, and I did better with this song than I did for the stake Broadway review.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.


Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

I really liked the last verse, and sang it softer for effect.

Now for a different topic.  I am bringing this up so we can all be aware and on the lookout.  Sheri and April walk together, and have noticed holes by the light posts.  Yesterday they saw a city crew repairing the damage and asked them what was up.  Turns out people have been trying to break into the control center for the street lamps and steal the copper.  They rarely actually get to the copper, and cause expensive damage.  If they actually do get anything it is maybe $100 worth, causing $2000 damage in the meantime.  All of us pay for the damage the inflict, so we should be on the look out.  They also put the community in danger from dark street lamps.
They usually don't get through, just cause damage

$2000 damage

Last topic, our neighborhood is changing.  The residential area is filling in with houses.  Use to be you could walk cross country, but not any more.  Too many houses.  We also have a new subdivision going in behind us.  Fortunately there are plenty of parks as well.
All new houses in the last couple months


No comments:

Post a Comment