What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Wedding Dinner: Nikki's Indian Cuisine

Mark and Elizabeth were hesitant to go out to eat after their wedding, feeling their eating habits were hard to conform with what others may want.  However they said their favorite food is Indian (Asian) because there are many gluten free and vegetarian options.  So we gave it a try in South Lake Tahoe, California side.  I must admit, this was a new experience for me, as I had never tried Indian food. 
The atmosphere was very accommodating, and they set us 20 up for a party of about 20 very quickly.  I was sort of blind, not knowing what to expect.  I ordered ginger chicken, and the waitress warned it may be hot.  It was.  But it seemed about everything was hot.  I also tried Mamosa in garbanzo beans, sort of like a chili.  The child was good, but the Mamosa was also very hot.
The ginger chicken came with rice, I guess to calm down the chicken dish.  However I shared my rice with most of the kids, and didn't have enough.  I really enjoyed the flavor of the chicken, however it had quite the kick, and I had the mild version.  Others had curry chicken, and butter chicken.  Miranda had a big crepe thing.  Mark had a dish with cheese and cheese sauce. 
The only drawback was a waiter spilled a dish on one of the party's purses, but I didn't hear about this until later.  I chased Elliott after I was done eating.  He is quite the boy, and able to get away from an old man like me. 




We met a friend of Lizzy's from their growing up years.  We also met all of Lizzy's brothers and sister.  I enjoyed myself.  Tony also made fast friends as he usually does.  He sat by Sebastian and Olie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment