What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013 Christmas Trip: First Stop Boise

This is our trip East to me my Momma who now lives with sister in Boise.  Going a different way we were able to see a different group of people.  Sara was a very gracious host and put up with us.  Zachary stayed elsewhere so Charity and Anthony would have a room.  We  didn't leave until the Sunday before Christmas.  I didn't want to miss Sunday singing, because I do that every year.  Charity didn't to miss either because she is now the music chairperson in her ward.  So we left after eleven, and headed over the mountains.  No snow, only one potty break with the baby, and for me, and we made it to Reno for a late lunch.  This was the only eating break we took.  We gassed in Reno, this took us the rest of the way to Boise.  The roads were great,  even though there was snow to the side of the road.  Oregon was frustrating with their 55 mph speed limit.  We made it through however.  Baby was fussing some before Marsing, we we stopped and had a snowball fight.  It was cold, but fun.  We made it to Boise late, and went strait to bed.  We woke my mom so she got up to say hello.


My mom with Camberly

Four generations


Sara and Mom
Tony had great fun the next day playing in the snow.  He and Anthony made a snowman, and we had several snowball fights.  We watched some football.  We went to visit with Kirk and Leslie and family. 
Kirk and Leslie with Macey, Carter (absent), Hunter, Brynlee
Kirk is Sheri's brother.  Sara fed us well, breakfast as only she can do it, Papa John's pizza, and lasagna.  We spent another night.  On the way out of town we stopped at Krista's.  She lives on the Eastern side of Boise, and Sara on the Western.  Cassidy and Tanner and Brandt were home, Krista was at work. 

Cassidy and Tanner

View from Krista's house
Their home overlooks the Boise River and is very nice.  However besides themselves, the most impressive thing is their dogs.  They have a little yapper, and two hunting dogs, and a new puppy hunting dog that is Tanner's.  The dogs were very obedient. We actually visited them on our way out of town, as this was Christmas Eve Day and we were headed to Logan to spend time with Mark.
Besides Sara and Clyde, and those in photos we saw, Linsey, Kayla, Dillon, Geneve, Brianna, Clyde Jr., and Zachary.

1 comment:

  1. Linsey Buff Kopke His snowman is still in backyard...kind of.

    ReplyDelete