What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Old Testament: The Creation of the Earth

http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-03-011-the-creation?category=old-testament/introduction-deuteronomy&&lang=eng
This movie presents Elder Russel M. Nelson talking about the creation of the world, which was of godly origin.  I wonder if any of us have a special spot, a beautiful spot, which testifies to yourself that the world is created by God.  I have such a spot.  There is a mountain behind Willard, which when in Utah I drive by often.  It is on the route from Logan to Salt Lake.  There is a strip of quartzite in this mountain, and there is often a waterfall, especially in the spring.  To me it has always been an awe inspiring site, and an evidence that there is a God in heaven who created the earth.  There are other places which attest to the same, The Teton mountains, or the Sawtooth mountains, or the ocean.  God is a master creator, and puts these beautiful scenes into the earth to remind us of His presence. 
You can have this same type of experience when you observe animals, who were also created by God.  Their particular habits, and formation and wonder.  Also man itself is an evidence of God.  We are his masterpiece, created in his image.  Things this complex do not happen happenstance.  There is a creator who is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment