What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Trip to Lake Tahoe

This Saturday we did something we rarely do, that is drive to snow country in the Winter.  We went for Mark's wedding.  Tony rally enjoyed the scenery on the 50, the river, being above the clouds and the trees.  Along the way there were lighting signs saying chains would be required.  We listened to the suggested radio station which said the same thing, carry chains, but may only maybe have to put them on.  We stopped on purchased chains at a gas station along the way.  Tony took advantage of the stop to stretch his legs. 



 He wanted pictures with his sisters, and got Miranda and Natalia to pose with him.
Surprise we had to put on chains.  We asked if we could just carry them and were told they had to be on.  It was raining pretty good, but nothing sticking to the ground.  We paid $30 to have someone put on the chains.  The chains made a horrible noise, and slowed us down.  The speed limit with chains was 25.  After we had been going a bit, we were glad we had the chains on.  The road was pretty snowy as the snow trucks hadn't gotten their yet.  However, before Tahoe the situation cleared and you could take them off.  This job fell to me.  I figured it out OK, but was wearing the shirt for the wedding.  I got both cuffs pretty dirty.  Luckily I had a suit to wear over the top.
We have only been to Tahoe a couple of times.  It was nice to drive through town looking for the wedding spot.  The lake was very grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment