What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Life in Manteca: 83: Drought


While the East is suffering through too much cold and snow, here on the west coast we have a different problem.  This could actually be called life in California.  We have a high pressure which has planted itself over the ocean to our West.  It is acting like a mountain range, diverting rains to the North or South of us, but missing us pretty much all together.  The hills are normally green by this time of year, but we have missed our rainy season, which usually starts in November and lasts through March.  Something needs to change.
 http://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/r14/USA/2014/0121/California-drought-Scientists-puzzled-by-persistence-of-blocking-ridge-video
On February 2 our church has asked us to fast and pray that this weather pattern might be tempered.  I invite everyone to join us:
FAST and PRAY for Rain
It is time for this drought to be tempered
We must put this in God's hand
Please join us in a day of fasting and prayer
February 2, 2014
I have seen this work before.

Also check out the group on Facebook:
Pray for Rain, California

No comments:

Post a Comment