What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Life in Manteca 84: Staying Home: Pickles restaurant review

This week I have stayed home from work to take time to write in the history of my great-great grandfather that I have been working on for three years.  It seems I wasn't getting enough done in my regular daily routine.  I didn't get it all done, but I did finish the chapter on polygamy.  He had three wives, but only two at a time as his second wife passed away before he married his third.  Of course I haven't just worked on the history.
I went to a couple movies, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit http://mmboebillywardle.blogspot.com/2014/01/movie-review-jack-ryan-shadow-recruit.html and Frozen. http://mmboebillywardle.blogspot.com/2014/01/movie-review-frozen.html Pretty fun.  I have watched a couple movies on the TV as well.
Jesse came for a visit.  It is always a readjustment with Tony and Jesse when he comes.  Jesse has a very bad sleep pattern, staying up late.  He has a long afternoon nap, and then doesn't want to go to bed.  He loves his trains, and Miranda built a nice track for him in the living room which went under the coffee table and had four or five different loops the train could go around.  Jesse went to church one day, so I spent priesthood meeting following him around.  By the time Jesse was ready he and Tony doing great, and it was hard for both to say goodbye.  Jesse didn't get happy the entire ride home.  He made Sheri promise to have him back.  We love Jesse.
Jesse was here for the Monday Holiday and I took Tony and he and the neighbors to the park.




Sheri and I hit a restaurant "Pickles" I had never been to before.  The good thing is they had my favorite sandwich, ham and swiss on rye.  It was marble rye bread, and strait rye would have been better.  The sandwich was too big to eat in one sitting.  Sheri's too who had toasted club sandwich.  She had hers toasted so she had to wait a long while for her sandwich.  This is a good sandwich place, but a little pricey.  We each paid over $10.  Subway is more economical, but doesn't have regular sandwich bread (no rye).
I think my week has been profitable.  I would have liked to finish a couple more chapters.  I still have to finish Isaac's mission chapter.  I also have to do the Echo Canyon Affair as Isaac called it.  I also need to write about Isaac's elder years, because he moved his family to Idaho.  However I can now see the end. 
Went to Costco with Sheri.  Went to Frugal Frames to pick up work I left a couple weeks ago--framing the picture Caleb sent us for Christmas.  It wasn't done, but is ready now for pickup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment