What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ace Train 45: Earthquakes Stadium and Train Safety



The exterior of the San Francisco 49er Stadium is pretty much done, and doesn't change any these days.  However the Earthquake Stadium is now also showing good progress.  The steal beams for another side are going up.
Unfortunately this post has a more serious theme.  Friday, in going to work the light-rail announced that the train could not go past Fruitdale Station (this is my stop anyway.)  There was a bicyclist-train accident at Bascom Station.  The individual on the bike was not killed, but seriously injured and had to be life-flighted.
And then yesterday, I hear the first Ace-train struck a pedestrian.   I did not go to work yesterday, but if I had I would have been late getting home.
http://livermore.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/pedestrian-killed-after-being-struck-by-train
Trains can be so dangerous.  In Argentina, where there are many trains, a common goodbye was, "Don't get hit by a train."  I think this reminded people to be careful.  I offer this little song, to remind us of the same theme.

Choo, choo the big train is headed down the track
Stop, Look and Listen
May we all be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment