What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Trip Home from Utah

After out Christmas trip to Utah, I had to come home before everyone else as couldn't get off work on Friday as too many people wanted the same day.  Everyone was staying for Carolyn Dye's wedding, and I was headed home.
Vern agreed to take me to the airport.  We left at 4 a.m., and I didn't have any difficulty catching my flight.  I was on Southwest and going the long way around, through Phoenix.  I decided to eat breakfast at the Phoenix airport.  La Grande Orange is not like an Orange Julius with orange juice and orange options.  The had pizza and sandwiches, burgers and breakfast.  I had sausage and eggs with toast and a fruit cup.  I thought about the orange in the name, and decided it had to do with the colors of the Phoenix Suns basketball team.
From Phoenix to Oakland.  I tried to take a picture of the Lick Observatory, but took too long getting my camera out.  Oakland has some artsy stuff in the airport, and lots of firework plants around.  There was a children's art display.

From the airport I ventured via shuttle to the Bart.  I took the BART to Fremont, and walked from BART to the ACE/Amtrak station.  There was a McDonalds with WiFi in the middle which gave me a good lunch break.  It was a bit father than I thought, but good exercise all the same.
This is my first time at the Fremont Station.  It has a small cafe.  It has an inside seating area with historical displays.  It also has a restroom, very important.  I had to wait a bit for the train.  Trip was the normal trip, but a bit shorter from there.
http://bwardlehistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/centerville-horse-drawntrains.html

When I got home I had the long walk from the station to the house.  We hadn't left a car.  I got home just after the Aggie Bowl game had started.

No comments:

Post a Comment