What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Music Review: Mormon Tabernacle Sea: Praise to the Man

Mormon Tabernacle Choir; Praise to the Man: Songs Honoring the Prophet Joseph conducted by Mack Willberg 2008.
This set of twelve songs is a very nice collection of songs about the life of Joseph Smith.  Of particular note are "Joseph Smith's First Vision" and "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief."  "Praise to the Man" builds nicely,but it starts too quietly and is hard to hear at the first.  You miss half the verse first as a result.  However they don't make the same mistake with "Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice."  This is very well done.  Their is a primary song which fits in nicely,"On a Golden Springtime".  Miranda has gotten this from the distribution center for her mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment