What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Fiftieth Anniversary: Oakland Temple Pageant


Miranda and I shared a sweet Saturday at Oakland Temple Pageant 50th year anniversary.  It was very special.  They presented a movie of an interview with the wife of the original composer of the music.  The presentation was a ward play, which expanded for the opening of the Oakland Temple, and then continued.  It has not been presented for several years.  Kieth Merrill also spoke.  He rewrote the dialogue for pageant in the 1970s giving it the form that carried over the years.  He also directed Krueger's Christmas. 
We had a sing along, with soloists from several different years.  "Spring Leaves" was used to honor those who are no longer with us.  It was good to see old conductors and choir leaders, even though I didn't run into them during the open house. 
The person I most wanted to see Vanessa Van Katwyck, who was my daughter in the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment