What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Book Review: The Sugar Blockers Diet

The Sugar Blockers Diet: Eat Great; Lose Weight: A Doctor’s 7-Step Plan to Lose Weight, Lower Blood Sugar and Beat Diabetes—While Eating the Carbs You Love, Rob Thompson with the Editors of Prevention 2012.
This is wwat I gleaned from the Sugar Blocker Diet.  Good stuff to eat that will help black the sugar rush in your blood stream when you eat too much starch, like too much potato, rice, bread, corn etc.
Sugar Blockers: Fruit: Apricot, Avocado, Black Berries, Grapefruit, papaya, peach, pear (not quite ripe), raspberries, strawberries and water melon.
Vegetables: sprouts, artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celery, collard greens, cucumber, dandelion greens, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, peppers, scallions, spinach, tomatoes, water chestnuts, beans, peas,
Other: beans (not all the way done) best is lentils (navy and pinto also good) but all good; nuts, chia seeds best, almond, sunflower seeds hazelnuts; bran; flaxseds; Fiber supplements; Metformin.
Other ideas, fat ½ hour before meal can cause system to digest more slowly, cheese or nuts;
Cinnamon
Vinegar and pickles will create better enzyme balance
Protein with Carbs
Exercise right after eating (20 minute walk) will allow cells to absorb carbs without insulin
Strength based exercise.
One other tid-bit, Metformin can cause diarrhea as a side effect.  I take this medication so something to watch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment