What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Magazine Article Review: The Fight to Take Back Beauty

I came across an article in the Utah State University magazine (my alma mater) about twin sisters, Lindsay and Lexie Kite, who have taken on a big fight.  They discovered that the majority of women are self obsessed with their body image.  50 percent of women are severely dissatisfied with their appearance and another 34 percent generally dissatisfied.  That means 84 percent of women are dissatisfied with their appearance.
The fight they have taken on, is to redefine beauty.  Dissatisfaction comes from the way our society looks at beauty, and defines beauty.  We can do more.  I want to share the link to their website in case anyone wants to join them in this fight.
http://www.beautyredefined.net/
There goal is to help women get past body image and "Develop body image resilience and to move beyond body shame and fixation on appearance to much more important concerns."

No comments:

Post a Comment