What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Life in Manteca 106: Crime Three Houses Down

Miranda and I came home from the temple yesterday at about 2 p.m. we were presented with crime crime tape across the road which prevented us from going up our street.  We turned right into the area by the park thinking we would go around the park and then hit our road, but we noticed that the intersection by the school was blocked off, so we turned around and went back the way we came, went up Atherton to the next entrance which could get us home, and we were successful that way.  Turns our there was a shooting, with lots of crime tape and area blocked off.  The home involved is three house down from ours as the crow flies, or out the end of our cul de sac and down the road. 
Our first report, after calling the neighbors, was that it was a drive-by shooting.  However now the rumor is a drug sell gone bad. Who knows, I guess it is best not to conjecture.  The early news reports tells the story this way:
http://www.mantecabulletin.com/m/section/1/article/113110/
At any rate, pretty scary.  Sheri and Tony (who was at the neighbors and a house closer) did not hear anything.  I guess a couple homes were hit.  It is conceivable, but very unlikely that a stray bullet could have made it to our back yard.  We have to be grateful for every day God grants us, and rely on his protective hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment