What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Life in Manteca 103: Church Picnics: Stake Pioneer Day and Ward Picnic

Manteca Stake Pioneer Day Barbeque was held early this year, July 12.  I dressed the part, except I wore Levi's as my pioneer pants wouldn't fit.  I took some toys for kids to play with.  I have a mouth harp, but it is hard to play.  Barbeque included hamburgers and hotdogs.  Sheri took oatmeal scotchies which were a big hit. 


Pioneer pictures in the relief society room. 



There was a community dance; instead of square dancing it was D.J.ed by Brother Hammerstrom and Brother Barker.  The kids had the most fun with the dancing.  Tony had a great time.  I danced the first dance with him, but he took off and danced with the kids his age after that.  I also danced one with Sheri; but mostly we just had fun.  Mark talked for a couple minutes at the end, and we had "Come, Come Ye Saints" on the violin.
Ward picnic the week after in the picnic area at the stake center.  Tony loves this place.  He spent his whole time digging in the dirt at the other end of the property. I don't think he ever stopped for something to eat.  I took the toys again, the were still in the trunk of the car.  A few people were interested in looking at them.  I tried to teach Lizzy Bingham how to undo the horseshoes with the ring on them, but failed terribly. 


This is the closest picture I got of Tony.  He was at the outer limit of the picnic area digging in the dirt for treasure the whole time.

Sheri and I and Miranda all took long turns holding the Stotts baby.  We all love babies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment