What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Miranda Teaches the Restoration

Miranda, who leaves on a mission in a little more than a month, taught us the restoration today for family home evening.  I love the story of the restoration.
She started by explaining the need for a restoration.  When Jesus lived on the earth, He established his Church.  However, after he had left, evil men persecuted the apostles.  many were killed and the true church of Jesus Christ was lost fro the earth.  This is called apostasy.
She then told the story of Joseph Smith.  As a boy of 14 he was struggling with which church to join.  He read in James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Joseph determined to pray.  While he was praying he was visited by God the Father and his son Jesus Christ.
It was fun to observe the interaction between Tony and Miranda.  Tony knew the answer to most of Miranda's questions.

To read Joseph Smith's Testimony please go here/
https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/32667_eng.pdf?lang=eng
I know that this is a true story.  Joseph Smith did indeed see God the Father and Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment