What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Life in Manteca 101: Copper Theft, Bus Robbery and Bank Robbery

We are in the midst of a high crime area, yet we feel safe.  I wonder if we are naive.  This week there was a theft during the night at the hotel close to our home.  The Tillamook Cheese truck was stolen, with three vintage Volkswagon buses, painted orange and labeled for the company.  The trailer truck was found, but burned.  The three buses are still on the loose.
http://www.mantecabulletin.com/section/1/article/110454/
Then before these, our parks are being burglarized for the copper wiring in the lights.  It is beyond ridiculous.  This article blames drug dealers, but I think there is an organized element to all of this.  
Someone must be organizing all this.
http://www.mantecabulletin.com/section/174/article/105880/

Today, on the radio, was the story of a bank robbery in Stockton with taking of hostages, high speed chance, spraying the community with bullets, and finally death.  This is just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment