What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Seattle Trip: Mount Rainier

I was born about 100 miles from Mount Rainier.  It dominated our Western flank, and as such sort of controlled our weather, as much of the moisture was squeezed from the clouds before they reached Eastern Utah.  However, its magnificence stands for itself as these pictures testify.  We traveled Highway 12, and then cut up north through the park.  The great thing, we never had to pay an entrance fee, as long as we stayed on the highway.  What a great deal!  The road had not been open for long It closes in the winter), but it was open.We did see snow off the side, but none on the road--and this the middle of June.  Mount Rainier has the most glaciers of any mountain in the 48 states.  I was surprised how many water falls there were.  As we drove there was water falling all both sides of the road.  I guess with all that snow, the water has to go someplace. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGYJn1p-zQ&list=UUUEd30vKIa3CW6YQDuSxQcQ
 water falls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O41yiLSZFc&list=UUUEd30vKIa3CW6YQDuSxQcQ&index=3
water falls


Mount Rainier is awe-inspiringly beautiful



I wonder if it always has clouds at the top



roadside waterfalls





Trying to capture the yellow flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment