What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Bible Videos: The Martyrdom of Stephen

https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/the-martyrdom-of-stephen?lang=eng&cid=HPTH070314300
This is from Acts 6 and 7.  It shows the mock trial of Stephen, and the glorious spiritual manifestations, but the people's hearts were too hardened to even notice.  Paul watches the coats:

Acts 7:
54 ¶When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
 55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
 57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
 58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man’s feet, whose name was Saul.
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
 60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment