What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, May 24, 2013

TV review: Granite Flats (to mmboe)

I really connected with this series.  I guess that is part of growing up during the cold war, and that is the story of this series.  This is a town in rural Colorado, with a small Air Force Base.  We are not sure what the purpose of the base is, but it does include a military hospital.  We learn that part of the goings on at the hospital is some nefarious experimentation or forced forgetting used on some air men.  You top this off with a Russian spy satellite falling out of the sky, and causing an explosion on the base that kills a mechanic.  A soldier, who feels guilty about his involvement, confesses to the death of the soldier,  setting up the series.  The show focuses on four young people, one the son of the soldier mentioned, the sheriff's son, a nurse's son and the daughter of two research doctors from the base.  The first is somewhat of a bully, and their is a conflict between he and the three others.  The last three like to solve mysteries.  The first mystery is to figure out what the nurse's son saw falling from the sky the night they arrived in town.  This was a great ride, I hope this continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment