What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, May 24, 2013

2013 Concerts: Starz on Stage, Cupertino Choir

Sheri helps backstage with Starz on Stage.  As such I attended the concerts.  Starz is a youth jazz dance group.  All my kids, excepting Natalia and Tony have had there turn in Starz on Stage.  They are directed by Teri Wardle Slaugh.  I stayed with Sheri after work to watch the show May 10.
In this show, the boys stole the show.  There was also a song from the young girls that was cute, "If you like it, you should put a ring on it."  It was a fun evening with seeing many old friends, The Baliguats, the Sepulvedas, and Vern and Karen and Ben and Teri and Bishop Slaugh, Fonz Allen, and many others.  Teri always has nice snack bar and this year there were lots of cookies.
Last night we attended the Spring Choir Show at Cupertino High School.  It started with the beginning women's choir Catabile.  The only thing I remember about them is how short their dresses were.  There "I enjoy being a girl" was cute.
They were followed by the men, who I felt did an excellent job interpreting a Beatles anthology.  "A Hard Day's Night" was very enjoyable, and I love "Yesterday."  They did a well deserved encore of "Twist and Shout."
The older women, Cantos, presented Sister Act.  They wore habits except the last couple songs when the wore short short.
Capella present Les Miserables.  They also did this Jeremy's senior year, and I think the fell short.  It was fun hearing Scott Dye with a baritone voice.  I was really impressed with "Bring Him Home" soloist Takuma.  "One Day More" seemed a little too difficult with many people singing solos and mixing them with the choir.  At any rate, it is hard to put the whole show into 25 minutes, which is what they did.  I would life liked to hear "Songs of Angry Men."
  Ashley Orton came and sat by us and she was able to visit with Sheri.  Nancy Orton, who wasn't there was mentioned as the costuming person even though her girls have graduated.

No comments:

Post a Comment