What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Thoughts from Church

The biggest thought I have been left with was from Brother Crockett during priesthood meeting.  He related a story of when he was set apart as a Bishop.  He visited a stake conference at the tri-stake center in Oakland.  The visiting general authority interrupted the meeting, and made a comment that all he saw was women carrying the babies out.  He admonished the men to take care of this task, as the women were with the babies all week and deserved a break on Sunday.  President Crockett remarked how the brethren quickly repented, as he saw only men taking children out of the meeting after this.
Sister Emily Herrera was the youth speaker in sacrament meeting.  She talked of time with her mother being important, first to teach her how to cook and how to shop.  She goes shopping weekly with her mother, but is now cooking by herself at least one meal a week.
Sister Peterson, our neighbor, talked of some of the trials of motherhood, as well as the blessings.  She is tried in childbirth with a tailbone that always breaks.  She also talked of a couple trials with baby messes; but also the joys of being a mother, relating stories of her siblings.
Brother Poole, former bishop, talked about mothers and the priesthood, and how the roles between man and woman is an equal partnership relationship.  God took the rib, to always remind man and woman to walk side-by-side.
Sweet times with Primary Children singing, and young men young women distributing flowers.
My thoughts: I think sometimes I feel certain tasks belong to Sheri, and even though I do them, I always do them with a chip on my shoulder, "see there, what I have done for you."  I think that attitude does not reflect a side-by-side attitude and I need to repent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment