What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

LDS Movie Review: ****The Gift

This is a 1977 BYU film based on a story by Pearl S. Buck.  It is a depression era story on a small dairy.  Father, Tav, gets his twelve-year-old son, Sam, up to do chores at four in the morning.  They work together, and father gives him the choice of jobs.  However he is on him about getting up, and not spilling milk, and not sleeping on the job.  His mother helps him understand that this is father's way of showing love, of teaching him to work like a man.  As Christmas approaches, Sam is struggling with what to get his father for Christmas.  The tie he has purchased just doesn't seem right.  He comes up with an idea, and gets up even an hour earlier to put his idea into action.  The best part of this movie is father's reaction to "The Gift."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkL4_MMNgnU

No comments:

Post a Comment