What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

ACE Train 36: Tip Toe through the Vomit

Over two weeks ago, on the ramp that goes from Diridon Station to the light-rail platform there were four putrid droppings of vomit.  Fortunately they were close to the outside wall.   When I first saw them in the morning going to work, I really did a tip toe dance walking through them.  I don't know how I didn't plow strait into them.  I am sure my shoes didn't escape totally, but I wasn't going to check.  I almost contributed to the vomitous piles, but managed to stay my gag reflexes.  A few days before there had been another such pile in the walkway over the light-rail tracks at the same station.   Such things happen of course.  It appeared someone drank too much, or did too much something to make themselves sick. 
The odd thing about these messes is that no one has ever cleaned them up other than Mother Nature.  I still cannot tell you how long it takes for mother nature to totally clean up such a mess, because there are still signs of the vomit.  Yesterday there was a sprinkle, and I thought maybe it was enough to clean it all up, but you could still see them this morning, and I almost walked into them again.  The vomit is all dry now, and the really moist mess is gone, but still just the residual stuff is bad enough.  I saw the VTA staff cleaning yesterday, but they didn’t clean the ramp, just the platforms.  SO it takes over two weeks for Mother Nature to clean a pile of vomit.  I guess a VTA worker could have done it in a few minutes, but who wants to clean up that astuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment