What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

LDS Movie Review: ****The Last Leaf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bscMNNbDNk

This is a 1983 version of the O'Henry story produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  This a very well done movie in terms of cinematography as well as the telling of the story and the acting.  This story is a classic story of an artist, who has struggled all his life to paint his master piece.  It is only late in life that he finally is able to do this.  In doing so he sacrifices himself for the life of another.  This version is subtitled: A Parable of Easter or of the Atonement.  As Jesus sacrificed himself for all of us, this man sacrificed himself to paint that masterpiece, and save another.  Is their greater love.

No comments:

Post a Comment