What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sierra High School Bacalauriat 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4sFbkBgIw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrxRs6IGD8g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msneS8Ute_o

Sierra High School Bacalauriat was held in the church at Union and Wowona.  The Sierra High School Choir sang, Emma Hunt, Simon McHenry and Maddie Banks did a song, as did Emily.  It was not very well attended.  I counted about forty seniors.  At the last minute Caleb filled in play prelude, processional and postlude music.  Anthony Chapman spoke.  He is an educator at Sierra.  He talked about a story of lifting a large piano which was hard to do, until someone suggested, "Stand close together, and lift where you stand."   His theme was to lift where you are, rather than waiting for some future evenr to lift.  If we are always waiting for the future to make our mark, it may pass us by.
Father Joe also spoke.  He talked about educators and parents.  How parents have unconditional love for babies, but seem to loss this as children get older and make mistakes.  We all make mistakes.  He talked about being the best you can be at whatever you choose to be.
After we went to Applebys and celebrated both Caleb's graduation, but also Tony's kindergarten graduation.



No comments:

Post a Comment