What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

LDS Movie Review: ***^The Pump: An Alleghory for Faith with Works: The Consequences of our Choices

Long title for such a short film.  This is movie put out by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1988. This movie takes place near Rice, California, or in other words, the Mohave Desert. This is terrain that can be unforgiving.  It has few words, except the letter reading by an old miner.  It shows a salesman, who takes a shortcut, and gets stranded in the middle of no place.  He walks, and is thirsty, and about ready to give in when he comes to a ghost town; totally abandoned.  He finally sees a water pump, and pumps and pumps and gets nothing.  He then notices an old letter, which leads him to a bottle of water with which to prime the pump.  The letter says the pump will work if primed.  So we have the dilemma.  Trust the old man and pour the water down the pump, or drink the bottle of water that is before
you.
We are asked this question in so many ways everyday.  Whether to live a life in pursuit of worldly and transient pleasures, or to lay up stores of eternal joy.  This movie is a great discussion starter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd4S8UoTe0U

No comments:

Post a Comment