What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You Appreciate People More When They Are Absent

Sheri has been gone this week.  She is visiting her mother in Utah who is visiting from Arkansas.  She is not only visiting her mom, but she is staying with my mom, she has seen a couple of my siblings, she has seen our boys in Logan, she has seen some of her siblings, and is going to see more.  Today they visited Aunt Judy, (Sheri's aunt) and the territory where she grew up, and where our first four babies were born.  She has also visited Temple Square and the museums there.

I don't fault her going. I encouraged her to go, but I am miserable all the same.  I have found that I have the most difficult time sleeping if Sheri is not around.  I don't know why that is, but I seem to have a harder time getting to sleep, and I sleep light and toss and turn and wake up a lot. 

I have not ventured into doing much house work.  My heart is not in it.  I did load the dish washer, but I haven't run it.

It is not like I am alone.  Ty is here.  But this house is so quiet it is unnerving.  Of course Sheri took the kids with her.

I have been thinking, I get a bit upset when Caleb is not here when I come home from work.  (He is often gone with friends.)  I think this is part of the reason why.  The family just doesn't feel complete without him. 

I contented myself by taking Charity to lunch.  She and I only get a half hour, so we did McNuggets and ice cream at McDonalds.  The company was nice, and she gave me a hug to say goodbye.

There is a silver lining to this.  Sheri is bringing Natalia, Ty's wife and my oldest daughter, back with her.  They are going to stay with us for about a month.  I know they are planning a trip down to Disneyland, and Sheri wants to go camping with them.  It will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment