What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ace Train 8: "What a Waste", development where the Water Slides are no Longer

pictures from the train
The words "what a waste" are not mine, but those of a friend who also rides the train.  He was referring to the development around the lake where the Manteca Water Slides use to be located.  They developer who was building homes around the lake, has since gone under, and there is no more development happening.  I sure the developer had dreams of a second Discovery Bay type property, but it didn't happen.
  http://www.mantecabulletin.com/archives/12417/
http://www.mantecabulletin.com/archives/18863/
http://www.mantecabulletin.com/archives/23673/



These websites include the story of the water slides.  I saw a website with reviews and rankings.  Everyone ranked the water slides a 5, except on that was a 1.  The slides were very popular.  I understand they also provided employment for young people.  The second article talks about the cause for the demise, increased competition, and increased workers comp payments.  Government regulation played a hand.  I think I echos the general malaise in the California economy over the past ten years.  With over regulation business suffers and the economy is stifled.

No comments:

Post a Comment