What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Life in Manteca: 10; At the Movies and Movie NIghts:***^" Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules"

This week I am dedicating myself to movie reviews.  Sheri and the kids have all been gone, all week.  It is getting old, but I am persevering.  Tonight Ty and I went to the movie.  I thankful I went t the funny rather than the action adventure as Ty suggested.  "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules" was really very good.  At times I was laughing so hard my eyes were watering.  I watched the first movie, but don't remember it being as entertaining.   http://billywardlefamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/movie-review-diary-of-whimpu-kid.html  I previously wrote a review of the first movie.
This movie allowed further development of the characters, and of the relationship between the brothers.  It is almost a coming of age, which is hard for seventh grade.  It also presents the parents and develops their characters as well.  I like the ending much better than the first movie.  The magic show was truly magical.  It had me laughing. 

This movie is currently at the $3 theater and I would encourage people to see it before it is gong.  It was fun.

I have also been watching movies on satellite, with everyone gone, and here are a few reviews.  **^"Alice in Wonderland" is very strange.  I am still trying to decide if I like the way they did it.  It is so different than what I was expecting.  I do not like either of the queens.  They are just too much.  Anne Hathaway keeps her wrists in such a feminine position it quickly becomes old.  However Alice, is a much more enjoyable character as she is the one who grows through the movie.  The creatures and animals are fun.  I like caterpillar and his wisdom, as well as the Mad Hatter. 
**^"Salt" is an action spy movie with Angela Jolie.  I must admit, I wanted to dislike it because of the whole Jolie/Penn thing.  I don't want to like her.  However I must admit the movie was entertaining.  Jolie looks like she could kick my butt.  The plot was also very intriguing.  The question throughout is whether Salt is on the good side or the bad. 
The last movie is **^"Did you Hear What Happened to the Morgans?" with Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker.  The critics did not like this movie.  It is about two socialite New Yorkers being placed in Western Wyoming.  It is a classic fish out of water type story with a marriage relationship problem on top of that.  I enjoyed this movie.  The characters were a bit stereotypical, but I didn't care.  It was fun all the same. 

The biggest winner though is the movie about a seventh grader, Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  It really is funny, and it isn't potty humor, although the pooping bird is nice .  It is much better than the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment