What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Life in Manteca: 11; ***Thor, **Taqueria Manteca,

I went to movie "Thor" alone at the $3 theater.  It was entertaining.  It is sad how he lost his girl in the end.  But wasn't that hammer something great.  I still am not sure if the brother was all evil or misguided or what.  Also the play of fish out of water, and encountering the new fish was very entertaining.  Natalie Portman is always beautiful.

During the time while family was away I went to Taqueria Manteca, close to Orchard Supply.  The atmosphere was so so, maybe worse for me being alone.  They served dinner on a plate, but with plastic utensils.  I also did not find the food very great, except for the chicken of the chicken enchilada.  That was great, but too much sauce on the enchilada  for me.  I also found all the salsas rather bland.  Now this may have been me this day because I had burned the top of my mouth eating microwaved food.  To be honest, nothing really tasted all that good.

One thing I discovered after moving to Manteca, and we had thousands of boxes to recycle (really!) is that there are recycling bins available next to the pound on East Whetmore.  They only ask that you follow regular recycling rules with regards to what you put in.  Since the recycle truck only comes every other week, we still visit there from time to time with extra boxes or other recyclables.

No comments:

Post a Comment