What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Life in Manteca 12: Parks, ***Towne Center and Golden Spike, **^Green, ***^San Joaquin River

So Tony I and Miranda did the park exploration trip today.  We went to Moss Landing of Lathrop and visited a couple of parks, but our other goal was to get to the river so we could throw some rocks in.  We fist went to the at the corner of Golden Spike and Towne Center.  This park does have access to the levy along the river, but going down to the river is very steep, so I didn't take Tony there.  However the park itself was very nice.  It has a small water park, which is great to cool off.  This park is very new.  I check Google Maps, and on there is was still surrounded by a fence.  In addition to the water area, it has a play structure, with four ways to climb up.  There is a covered picnic area.  There is basketball and three softball diamonds.  Another attraction is a fenced in dog park area.  There were a few people running their dogs, throwing balls and sticks.  For Tony the high-light was the water play, and he cooled himself getting wet.  This park is new, the trees are not yet developed so there is a lack of shade.

We were headed to the other side of Moss Landing when we saw a small park, The Green".  Tony wanted to stop.  It had a pretend train, and Tony had a lot of fun with it.  Pretending the doors were closing, making Miranda and I sit in the train.  (It didn't quite fit me.)  There was a covered area which was cool with the breeze. 

We then drove by the river, passing a coupe parks for future exploration.  We parked and walked up onto the levy.  There was no trail, but the rules said no alcohol, so we figured we were OK.  We picked as safe a place as we could, a ways back from the river, but under a tree for shade.  There were threw sticks and stones into the river.  It was fun, and it was cool by the river.  I skipped a flat rock, and Tony and Miranda fought over rocks to throw the next one.  The competed to see who could throw the farthest. 







Since we were by Louise, we stopped by KFC A&W to get some lunch.  I enjoyed a root beer float which is my favorite.  The self-serve diet didn't work, so I really sugared up.  I usually like to go half and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment