What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"I won't let the darkness in" Lea Salonga; Journey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqVwhrWBzEM&feature=BFa&list=AVGxdCwVVULXcErPFfCf3aZUGM5Ks-Msb4&index=5


This lyrics are from the song "Journey" which I discovered on You Tube.  I have discovered an artist, that I have enjoyed many times in the past, but not realized who she was.  Lea Salonga is from the Phillipines.  She has been singing for many years.  I have heard her before as well.  She is the singing voice for Jasmine and Mulan in the Disney movies.  She was also Eponine in he first Les Miserables Concert recording.

This week, Theresa, from work, mentioned there is a new Les Miserable cast.  She was referring to the 25 year anniversary recording.  I missed it.  I couldn't find it on PBS so turned to You Tube.  The rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" is exquisite.  The way she forms the words.  She not only has a beautiful voice, but has studied and perfected her music, and is shows in her enunciation.  She also reflects the emotion of the song in a beautiful way. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZroo6h_jtM

So with that beginning, I searched her name.  She was the original lead in Miss Saigon.  She was the first Asian to portray Eponine and Fantine.  She is married and has one child.  She works fighting hunger.  She has blogged about such things as postponing sex, "You have no business having sex if..."  I have enjoyed istening to much of her music, in English and Tagaalog.  She is truly an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment