What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Life in Manteca 9:Park Review

Friday I was in San Jose area as Sheri was in town.  Charity, our daughter, is in cosmetology at San Jose City College and did Sheri's hair.  She picked me up after work and we went to Beehive Bookstore. This is a Mormon Book.   I just browsed.

After we went to Goodies Restaurant; which is in the same shopping center on Bascom Ave. ***Goodies is an American type restaurant, serving dinner lunch and breakfast.  They have the largest menu.  Friday they have prime rib special.  Charity and Sheri ordered the half portion, which was sufficient.  I had patty melt, which I love.  They have excellent fries.  I enjoyed the clam chowder as well.  I always enjoy Charity's company.

This week Tony and I continued our park review.  I had big plans of going to three or four parks, but I wore Tony out after the first park.  We went to ***Valverde in Lathrop which was recommended by Amanda Porter.  We now call it the purple park.

The aesthetics of the park are nice.  It is behind the community building in Lathrop, and there is a very nice veterans memorial.  It was flying the u.s. flag as well as a P.O.W. flag.  There was a water fountain to play in.  There were six full court basketball courts, and a couple soft ball diamonds.  There was also tether ball and horse shoes.  I need a tether ball and horse shoes.




But the best part for Tony was the playground.  They had plenty of climbing pieces, Tony's favorite.  The had a couple of climbing walls.  I pushed Tony on the swing.  The had a dome net which was where Tony went first.  Tony also enjoyed the parallel bars.  Tony has great upper body strength.  They had a fire engine, and Tony insist ed I drive.  They also had a frog, so I was using my arm like the frog's tongue trying to get Tony.  It was a fun park. 

I also wanted to check out a red and white smoke stack we saw from the freeway.  It pertains to Pilkington's Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment