What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

San Juan Bautista Mission

We took a quick trip to San Juan Bautista to visit the mission this Saturday.  This is to help Tony with a school project.  He is going to put together a photographic collage from the pictures we took.  the trip was interesting.  San Juan Bautista was the 15th California mission, however it was the largest.  It has always been an operational church and still functions as a church.  Over 4300 people are buried in the cemetery, mostly in unmarked graves.
The Mission

John the Baptist
The baptistry
The large Chapel with three aisles
The side of the chapel

small chapel
The gardens





Father Fermin Lasuen, founding father
side of chapel
animal tracks on tiles


museum






model
Native American items





The front portal by the plaza

No comments:

Post a Comment