What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Effective Scripture Study

This outline is from a talk given by Elder Pope in our ward.  He said he received this list form his mother as he started his mission.
Scripture study:
1. Pray to seek the spirit.
2. Look at maps.  Maps can help set the stage.
3. Look for lists.  Write them out.  For example the list of what Charity is from Moroni.
4. Look for patterns and repetition.
5. Look for commandments and promised blessings.  It is good to look for things we are asked to do, and the consequences of our actions whether faithful or not.  Such as the word of wisdom, or the commandment to honor our parents.  Both immediately talk about the blessings for obedience.
6. Look for personal application.  Look to strengthen your testimony.  Look to better understand Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment