What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Carols: Angels We have Heard On High

Please see, The Carols We Love by Daniel Partner, Barbour Publishing, Uhrichsville, Oh, 2002.  This in an 18th century French carol.  It first appeared in a book of songs in 1855.  In 1862 it was translated and published in English by James Chadwick.  This song tells the story of Jesus from the perspective of the shepherds, to whom the angels sang.  The English version has the nicest Gloria chorus.  How significant is it that the birth of Christ was proclaimed to shepherds, who quickly came and worshipped him, while the religious leaders of the day were oblivious to the arrival of the Savior who would redeem the world just thirty-three years after his birth.  Here is a version by Lindsey Stirling applying it to hurricane relief efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment