What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Parables of Jesus: Parable of the Wheat & Tares, Mustard Seed, and Leaven



Thee parable presented, all dealing with the Kingdom of Heaven and the judgement.  First the Wheat and tares, then the mustard seed, and then leaven bread.  the last two deal with the growth which comes through the Kingdom of Heaven, while the first deals with the judgment.  From the mustard seed, as from the leaven we learn that by small means great thing take place.  The mustard plant will be a resting place for birds, just as we when touched by the gospel become a resting place for others through service.  Leaven works on the inside, on the heart.  But we can see the effect in the rising of the dough.  The entire loaf is effected by the leaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment