What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Carol: Hark the Herald Angels SIng

Please see the Carols We Love by Daniel Partner, Barbour Publisher, Ulrichsville, OH 2002.
"Hark the Herald Angels Sing" was written by Charles Wesley, brother of John Wesley, founder of the Methodist movement.  Charles Wesley wrote over 6000 hymns, which he used to teach gospel messages.  Hark the Herald Angels Sing is no exception.  This song teaches of man's relationship to Christ as Jesus reconciles sinners with God.  The song also gives three reasons for Christ's birth:
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth


My favorite version of this song is that sung at the end of A Charlie Brown Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment