What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Weekend Report: Dominated by Cancer and then Hospital

This has been a different weekend.  It started Friday with me staying home for Fred Zepeda's funeral.  He passed away from caner, exactly a year after my sister passed away.  Last year Sheri and I traveled to Boise for her funeral.  This year I stayed home for Fred's funeral.  Friday also Sheri returned home from her trip taking Miranda to school.  I convinced her to come home a day early because of impending storm.  Saturday I went to the movie "A Monster Calls" which was about cancer.
Saturday we also had stake conference adult session, with Anna coming over to watch Tony.  We saw heather briefly at the conference, but she was taking off after to go to Fremont with friends who were to give her a ride the next day to the airport.
Sunday made a year since my sister's funeral.  She died of esophageal cancer.  Sunday was a continuation of stake conference.  I sang in the choir like usual.  It was very fun.  Conference was very good.  Weatherford T. Clayton of the seventy presided.  Dianna came over after conference, as did Jeremy and family.
 Jeremy came to our house with Baby Asher, and Sheri sent them to the hospital because he wasn't breathing very well.  Turns out he has RSV which has contributed to his having pneumonia.  Asher is about ten months old so right on the edge of the vulnerable age.  He is now getting oxygen and having his fluids monitored.
We went to visit, Oakland USF pediatric Hospital, and upon coming home, picked up the boys at Charity's.  My temporary crown fell out.  So Monday I was at the dentist instead of going to work.  Fortunately the new permanent crown was in, and I was able to complete this round of dental work, two root canals and one crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment