What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Side Trip to Carthage

Carthage is more a place for medication than site seeing.  The tour of the jail makes you look inward, and see the prophet Joseph Smith and his brother.  The docent did say the Joseph was leaned against the well, and his death made sure.  There was a pauper cell, next to the cell where they were when attacked.  This cell was much different.  However the place where they were attacked was more like a bedroom, in fact it was the jailer's room he had given to the prisoners so the would be more safe. Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith were killed.  John Taylor, through wounded survived.  Willard Richards passed through without a wound.






bullet hole




Joseph and Hyrum



flower garden



Looking at the well from the window



the well


No comments:

Post a Comment