What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Labor Day Monday

For Labor Day we went to the Norman for a barbecue.  Natalie was out from Utah with her fiance.  This give us additional time to meet Charlie, but also afforded us an opportunity to go swimming.  It was a very hot day, as Manteca and Tracy are known for.  The pool felt so nice.  It is hard to get in, but after getting in it is very refreshing.  
Mark did wonders at the barbecue with cheeseburgers, hamburgers, hotdogs and corn.  We supplied the buns.  I also made some Rice Krispie Treats.  Diana made lemon bars and peanut butter bars.  It was very nice.  We didn't sit on the regular tables, but stayed close to the house on the step so as to be in the shade.  
After dinner the boys returned to the pool, and I camped out under a tree to sleep with Max their dog.  I was suppose to be watching the young ones, but sleep over took me.  Luckily there were others to watch.  Tony had his good friend Jesse with him and they enjoyed the pool, as well as being outside the pool.  We also found time inside for conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment